Neutron scattering research has applications in practically every field, and neutron research at ORNL is leading to productive partnerships with the industrial and business communities. We welcome proposals for all types of research, including those involving proprietary work.
Recent studies have led to discoveries with potential applications in fields such as medicine, energy, and various metals technologies. For more information, please see our recent research highlights.
- Industry-Driven Research Benefits Plastics Manufacturing
- Corning uses VULCAN to test limits of ceramic material for car emission controls, filtration devices
- Neutrons Probe Inner Workings of Batteries
- Industry and Neutron Science: Working To Make a Match
- Scientists and Industry Use Neutron Imaging To Improve Energy Efficiency
- HTML, HFIR Team Work with Industry To Find Hidden Stresses in Materials
- ORNL-Supplied Nickel-63 Enables High-Sensitivity Explosives and Narcotics Detectors at Airports
- Former User Group Chair Enthusiastic About Relevance of Neutron Scattering to Industrial Research
- PartTec to Market SNS-Developed Neutron Detector System